Monday, October 17, 2011

A Night at the Opera

I have to say, for the size that Pittsburgh is, we are lucky to have some incredible talent about. Last night I got to witness said talent with a friend at the Pittsburgh Opera's performance of "La Traviata". It was amazing, of course, and I'm always excited to have an excuse to dress up.

I bought this vintage dress years ago and had intended on hemming the length. I obviously didn't get around to it yet, but thought it was perfect for my night out. The back is my favorite part of the dress, but I love it for it's ostentatious elegance.

The shoes were an eBay find that I was actually kind of disappointed in when they arrived. I couldn't decide if the toe was too pointy, and while they kind of are, they grew on me.

Finishing up the look is my favorite hold-ups, the "Lerici" style from Trasparenze.



Christian Louboutin Wherever Strass in Black Velvet

Fit on the shoes is actually large-to-size. These are a 37, and I need both heel grips and padding in them to keep them on my feet. Comfort is great for the height!

2 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! That dress is amazing. I went to the opera too, albeit the night before. It was such a moving performance. I teared up a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lovee your vintage dress and it goes so well with your Louboutin
    xox

    ReplyDelete