Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Time to Scale Back

The Decollete style is one of the most classic Louboutin styles of shoes, in my opinion. A tall, but not overbearing heel and a sexy shape and line to the shoe make them a staple for anyone's closet. This fall brought us the shoe in blue acid python (available at Saks). It's really gorgeous in real life, a deep jeans-colored blue with flecks of orange and brown. Acid python is so beautiful, but I think I prefer the color/leather in an open-toe shoe. Nonetheless, after admiring these online and in-store, I couldn't help but try them on.

Christian Louboutin Decollete in Blue Acid Python, F/W 09

Fit is small, in my opinion. While these shoes might stretch, I have not had luck with python stretching much in the past. Saks (the only stockist I've seen for these) recommends ordering true size, but the pair I tried on is a 37.5 (half-size up from my true size), and seems to be my standard size in the Decollete (that I have tried on, I do not own any). This style is not made for wider feet.

2 comments: