Monday, July 25, 2011

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

Yep, that time of year again. I hadn't had a chance to stop by the infamous Anniversary Sale until this weekend, but lots of great shoes up for grabs. Of course, instead of the sale shoes, I was instantly drawn to the ones that *weren't* on sale, but that's okay.

Of the two sale shoes I liked best online, I was disappointed by the "Peyton" shoe from Sam Edelman. I've really been wanting a wool heel to wear with dresses this fall/winter to replace a pair I have that's too big, but I found these just a little bit too pointy. The material and execution of these shoes were great otherwise if you are into a pointy toe.

Sam Edelman Peyton in Grey Wool

Fit on these is true-to-size (I am wearing the 7.5 in the picture and they are a bit big), and the comfort seemed very decent for the height. They are available in Grey as pictured and black patent here.

Next up is Enzo Angiolini "Mistle". The colorways available for this shoe are what really makes it, beyond the lovely corset/bow detailing in the back. I loved the purple best, but tried on the black because it was on display in my size. The taupe patent is really stunning as well.

Enzo Angiolini Mistle in Black Patent

Fit on these is true-to-size, though a bit narrow in the toe box, in my opinion. These are the 6.5 and the length was great. I think they would maybe need broken in a bit for comfort. Other colorways besides those mentioned are grey wool and leopard pony hair. They are available here.

I didn't see them in-store, but I'm also loving Cole Haan's "Air Violet" boot with lace-up detailing and a suede inset. I tried on the pump version, but they just didn't have the same cachet as the boot. I'm not sure how much wear I'd get out of suede in these winters, but they sure look gorgeous.

I didn't get to try them on since they weren't in-store, but most Cole Haan shoes run slightly small for me. I would order these in a 7.5 were I inclined to get them. The boots are available in limited sizes here.

More to come on the non-sale shoes later.

No comments:

Post a Comment