Monday, September 12, 2011

Vacation window shopping

I've been out-of-town the last two weekends, so I'm still crashing from the tiredness and overactivity, but I did manage to make a stop into Saks in Columbus. I had promised my fella that I would be good and only spend 20 minutes (yeahrite) in the store looking at shoes, so I made it short and sweet only trying on a few pairs I really loved.

As always, I tried to be discreet with the shoe picture-taking, hence the low-quality cell pics. Owell!

First up is a pair of booties I am dying over. I find the ankle cutout very unique and extremely sexy. The salesman who waited on me in the store called them "cute", which I found kind of funny. I'm still pretty shoe-banned, but even if I weren't I would be a little hesitant to buy a pair of booties with such a thin heel. But if money grew on trees....

Christian Louboutin Lisse Bootie in Black Nappa

Fit on these was true-to-size. My feet were quite swollen from walking around all weekend, so the 37 felt a bit tight, but would be perfect sans swollen feet. They were a bit tricky to get on, but felt wonderful after I zipped them up. As I stated above, the heel made me quite nervous. Definitely not "city walking" shoes.

No collection has stunned me more than Prada this season. Lots of luxe suede and vintage throwbacks made me want to gobble up everything. The pictures don't do the shoes justice, but here they are anyhow.

Prada Suede and Calf-hair lace-up Wedges


Prada Suede Slingbacks

Fit on both pairs felt true-to-size. I am wearing the 36 in the slings, and the 36.5 would have been best (my usual open-toe size), and in the wedges I am wearing a 38, while a 37 would have been perfect. Both were uber-comfortable and chic.

All of the above shoes can be found online at Saks, Neiman's, Bergdorf, etc, but I wholeheartedly recommend the wonderful sales associate that waited on me at the Columbus Saks: David. He was polite, not pushy and very knowledgeable.

The shoes I am wearing in the picture are Louboutin "She's Back". They have become one of my favorite, most-worn pairs of shoes. They got me through the last two weekends, and even a makeshift stint volunteer waitressing for charity.

I don't know if I ever blogged about these, I bought awhile back -- as you can tell from the picture, it was still snowing, but they are fabulous! So fabulous a random father shopping with his family stopped to compliment me on my shoes!

1 comment: