Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Aldo shoes

I had a bit of time to stroll the mall recently, and checked out the new shoes in at Aldo. I was pleasantly surprised by the lovely styles (though some of them were very heavily "inspired by" other designers).

They had a pretty varied selection, but there were three pairs I liked best.





The Flothom, a gorgeous patent peep-toe wedge, had a cool vintage vibe to it. The nude was perfect for me, and I think these would look great with skirts and skinny jeans alike. It came in three colors (nude, black and red) but I liked nude best.



Fit was smallish. My open-toe size is usually 6.5 and I took the 37 in these and they are just shy of being short in length.

I am super drawn to the contrast of nude and black lately, so the Elyce definitely caught my eye. I love the drama of them and the cutout is pretty sexy, I think.



Fit was true to size, though I could have sized up and added an insole to make these more comfortable.

Lastly, since Spring seems so much about wedges this year, the Gayner style. I tried on the beige, so more details could be seen... but these in black were seriously smoking hot.


Fit on these was smallish for open-toe. I took these in a 37.

I didn't end up buying any of them, because let me get real here for a minute -- they felt like death. Synthetic shoes don't always feel painful to me, but I don't like to have to "break in" shoes. These shoes may actually break me.

That said, I may crack and get the Gayner if they hit sales, or I can find a similar style. (Maybe the Diane Von Furstenberg Opal? It has a similar feel.)

1 comment:

  1. that's my problem with aldo shoes too, i always love their styles, they're so fun, but soooo painful

    ReplyDelete