Monday, September 13, 2010

Mock Doc(k)

Doc Martens have been on the brain a lot lately. My parents never would have spent that much for a pair for me when I wanted them in junior high/high school era, but I was fortunate to get a hand-me-down pair from a friend. I wore them to the ground (literally, the seams were splitting) and had to give them up years ago (had I known then what I know now about cobblers, perhaps I could have saved them).

A lady on one of my fashion boards posted about a pair of Doc knockoffs at Kmart of all places, and I was enticed. She said they were comfortable for a two-mile walk she did recently, and that made me even more intrigued.

I made a trek to Kmart and was pleasantly surprised by how nice they were in person, especially for non-leather shoes. They reminded me of the See by Chloe doc-style shoes, with the wraparound studs. I wish the heel of the boot was flat, but I have a sneaking suspicion these will be making their way in my closet soon enough.


Bongo Lug Fate Boot in Black

Fit on these seems pretty true to size. They didn't have a 6.5, so I tried a 7 and they would be perfect with thick socks and an insole for lots of walking. Available in-store and online (here -- and currently on sale for $20).

2 comments:

  1. the other day at Buffalo exchange I saw a pair of the heeled docs but in a size way too small for me, they were so cheap! Im still bummed about them

    ReplyDelete
  2. @eli - aw, there'll be another pair to come your way!

    ReplyDelete