Wednesday, September 1, 2010

DC window-shopping, part deux

On the don't need a second mortgage shoe front, here are some other lovely shoes I spied in DC.

When I saw these boots on a shelf, I thought they were pretty cool looking. They reminded me a little bit of the Balenciaga wedge/heel moto-boots that were a crazy trend (and knocked off by Sam Edelman to great success), but not as intense (or high) as those. I still need a "flat" boot for fall, and though these are wedges, they have good traction and seem really comfortable to walk in. They are available in the knee-high version at ShopBop (though they do not seem to have smaller than a 37), and in a ankle bootie at Saks.

Ash Ursula Wedge Boots, Fall 2010

Fit on these is slightly large. The boots in the picture are a 36, and they fit me well without socks, but a 36.5 would be perfect with the availability to wear tights when it gets cold out.

I really love the brand Elizabeth and James. Nearly every piece I've seen I've fallen in love with, and the shoes are just as wonderful. I really like the snake-embossed pair of these shoes on ShopBop, and Saks had them in leather to try on for size. They are gorgeous, and finely crafted. They remind me a bit of Charlotte Olympia and Nicholas Kirkwood combined, classic with an edge.

Elizabeth and James Mason Heel in Black Leather, Fall 2010

Fit on these is tts to slightly large. I have seemingly been 36.5 in most shoes lately (versus my usual 37), and that's what I took in these with slight heel slippage.

Chie Mihara seems to make amazing, and amazingly comfortable shoes. I had the Lumis, which have recently gone to a new home, and they were wonderful (but I found myself always reaching for ballet flats instead of t-strap flats). I love the vintage-detailing on these shoes, and the modest heel heights that make them wearable.





Chie Mihara Arizona in Red Suede and Chie Mihara Bootie in Black Leather, Fall 2010

B
oth shoes seemed to run slightly large to true size. I took a 36.5 in the red pair (though in the picture I am wearing a 36), and a 37 in the black pair. I couldn't find the red online, but they are available in grey at Endless, and forest green at Saks. The booties do not seem to be available online in all my sleuthing, but are available at Neiman Marcus, Tyson's Corner. Again, I cannot recommend the lovely sales associate Tina enough (703-761-1600).

I can't wait to get out there and try more shoes on. Viva fall!

1 comment:

  1. Those Elizabeth and James heels are STUNNING. My god.
    And the Chie Arizonas come in red?! Be still my heart. Love!!

    ReplyDelete