Monday, October 12, 2009

My first Chanel

I'm not a label-whore. I'm not a label-anything. I like pretty, it doesn't matter who makes it. There's no denying the allure of Chanel, though. It's this timeless entity that somehow never seems to go out of style or become irrelevant. I'm not really into purses, so I don't covet a 2.55 the way some ladies do, but my eyes have roved over the classically styled ballet flats with a patent cap-toe, or t-strap heels with discreet C's intertwining on the buckle.

I didn't think Chanel would ever be a part of my closet, considering the prohibitive cost of most of the wares, but lo and behold a freak incidental pair came before my eyes while strolling through Off 5th. I remembered seeing these awesome shoes on the runway with two-toned tights (which I have since purchased a knockoff of at Asos, but knockoffs can be found everywhere) and squealed in delight. I didn't want to get my hopes up too high since they probably weren't my size anyhow. I plucked them out of the box and shoved my foot in and HELLO! When I still couldn't justify the price tag, I accosted a sales associate to ask about any coupons and she said she would give me hers that was 40% off! The price was right, and now I am a proud owner of these shoes.

Chanel Patent and Leather Spectator Maryjanes, F/W 08

Fit is small-to-size. These are a 37.5 and fit tight, I could have even gotten a 38 and I am never a 38. If I wanted to wear them with thicker tights or socks, it would be tough. (note: they are death-traps. I have fallen twice in them, but that never stops a shoe lover)

No comments:

Post a Comment